Friday, October 21, 2011

Halloween Wreath

So today I thought I would take time out of my busy "work" schedule and post something that has absolutely nothing to do with SVG's! :)

I saw a photo of a Halloween monster wreath in a small magazine at the checkout counter in Michael's a few months back. It is so adorable and I thought the kids would love it. It took me awhile to get my supplies since NO ONE within 40 miles of me sold rolled paper ribbon. I found an online store that is right next to hubby's work and sent him on his way. I decided to buy a few colors instead of just the "pumpkin" color since they are reasonably priced and far away from me.

I purchased the straw wreath at Michaels for $2.49 using my 40% off coupon. The paper ribbon cost about $2.50, the green fun fur was $4.99, but I used my coupon at Jo-Anns and saved 40%, and the assorted googley eyes I found at The Dollar Tree, so they were only $1. This was a fun project and fairly inexpensive. My carpel tunnel did not like this project as you have to unroll the paper ribbon.

Here is the first wreath.


I just love the way he looks, I do wish I added more green fun fur tho!

I have a double door entry to my beautiful home and I normally do matching wreaths but I wanted to make a different wreath for the other door. Very similar and the cost was exactly the same. Instead of purchasing googley eyes from The Dollar Tree I purchased a spiderweb.




Thanks for looking and I hope you have a fabulous crafty day! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment